Wednesday, January 27, 2010

WOD 101027

2K Row
9:27  at damper 4   - slower than the 9:24 in December (damper 5.5) and the 9:20 from LAST February  at damper 6.  Not sure I liked the lower damper setting, because it  felt like I wasn't getting as much power per stroke.  My plan for this is to keep it at 6 and try to progressively row a 1K at sub 9 pace here soon.  If I can do it, then I will try to do a 1100m at the pace and then keep going from there.   One more thing to work on.  I really want to be able to row a sub 2:00 500m, sub 4:15 1K and a sub 9:00 2k.

To say I was bummed about not even matching my last row, rowing about like I did a year ago... understatement.

I worked strict press afterward with Shanyn and kept it to singles vice triples for the simple fact that I wanted to redeem myself with just a simple 1lb improvement in my 1RME.  Didn't want to ask for much and ran a quick progression of 33x3, 45x3, 55, 65, 70, 76 (PR), 80 (f), 80 (PR).  I was amazed at how easily the 76 came out.  While the form I'm certain wasn't perfect, it was not nearly the noodle backing windmill that I can get into.  That is pretty much how the 80 came off, but I didn't care.  I was not happy about the row and more than willing to take it out on a barbell!

No comments:

Post a Comment