Thursday, January 14, 2010

WOD 100114

Helen Intervals
5 rounds
400 m run, 21 KBS (35#), 12 pullups (I did red), 2 min rest.

Like most WOD's my first round out was not so great @ 4:59 and Jerry used the dreaded "scaling" word.   After that I tried to get super efficient and make sure I didn't lose any time in the chalk bucket or on the initial KBS.  And I paced the runs and wasted no time off the pull up bar... a 7 sec rest doesn't really give more than a 3 second rest anyway.  The runs were not as fast as the intervals last week (around 2:10 -2:15) but about 2:25-2:28.  I was able to shave the second and subsequent rounds down to 4:26, 4:27, 4:28, 4:30.  Not a whole lot to say about this, except that it was slow... slower than most.

Keturah's help with the tennis ball after class made this a little easier to take.  I think I have some widgets now to work out some of the kinks that make my recovery slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment