Thursday, January 28, 2010

WOD 100128

Primal workout day.... or rather that constant brisk level of activity that elevates metabolism!

As I mentioned in a post here,   WOD 090416  I have an uncle who is just a few years older than me and is rather ill at the moment with cancer and I am heading to my hometown to pay Peter and his family a visit.  So today's WOD was that bustle through the house to pack and leave an orderly house behind.  Follow that up with the endurance WOD of  shuffle through the airport(s) as my flight was too little a plane to go to Rochester in their snow.   5 hours later after a detour through NYC, I was hugging the steering wheel of a rental car in single digit temperatures and blowing snow that covered all the road signs.  I learned to drive in IN in college, not in high school, so I really don't have the same sort of maps of my hometown as most people do.   Not the best position to be in if you are trying to keep the cortisol down!   Never mind the thought of driving back to the airport to get the luggage that didn't make the alternate route quite so expeditiously....

But the snow really is gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment