Tuesday, January 12, 2010

WOD 101012


Tuesday's 2 headed llama - Push Me/Pull Me
3 cycles [ 5 rounds (20 sec max Pullups 20 sec rest  20 sec max Push up, 20 sec rest) then 1 round 90 sec rest, 90 sec max DU, 90 sec rest]
I used a purple band for jsut the first 2 set of pull ups and then realized I wasn't going to get chin over the bar if I didn't go to the red.

1st Cycle
5 Pullups, 7 Pushups
2 Pullups, 7 Pushups
4 Pullups, 7 Pushups
4 Pullups, 6 Pushups
4 Pullups, 7 Pushups
21 DoubleUnders... a couple of 3's together

2nd Cycle
5 Pullups, 7 Pushups
5 Pullups, 7 Pushups
5 Pullups, 7 Pushups
5 Pullups, 7 Pushups
5 Pullups, 7 Pushups
21 DoubleUnders

3rd Cycle
6 Pullups, 8 Pushups
6 Pullups, 7 Pushups
5 Pullups, 7 Pushups
5 Pullups, 7 Pushups
6 Pullups, 7 Pushups
21 DoubleUnders

Pull Ups- Keturah coached me a bit to get my swing to open up and there was some improvement there.  PushUps were all full push ups with just the last two sets having some serious inch worming.
Double Unders... I stink at these, but need to keep working them.  Particularly need to keep the jump small so that my torso stays upright.  Lost the keeper on the rope on the last round or perhaps I would have gotten a few more.

This WOD got all my intensity and I got back the same day pain.  I went for the Vitamin M @800 before I went to bed and took Wed off as my rest day for sure as I couldn't get my arms above my eyebrows!  Jerry said I should have come anyway, there is always something to do.  But I did need a rest day in the week somewhere, so it was Wed.  Thurs Keturah showed me how to use a tennis ball in the front of my shoulder to roll out where the grid roller can't reach.  Man it hurts, but it does work.

No comments:

Post a Comment