Wednesday, January 20, 2010

WOD 100120

Intervals
60 secs work, 60 secs rest, for each interval
Double Unders,  GHD situps ( sub Ab Mat if not a blazer with the GHD), row.

My performance
14 DUs 34 AM SU, 220 m
14 DUs 17 GHD SU 219 m
13 DUs 38 AM SU 220 m
11 DUs 20 GHD SU 224m
14 DUs 38 AM SU 228m
 66  147  1111m
Those big digits are for me, who is DONE doing math at 0515 without a calculator.  It doesn't seem to matter that I had 3 semesters of calculus and physics, and a bunch of chemistry before I saw the light and became a liberal arts major.  I can't add to save myself.  Thank God, the dh is doing the checkbook.  I would find a way to screw up Quicken.  Anyway the WB is wrong.

So, the good stuff... I can put three DU's together, although I need to find MY rope, something where the length feels right and I almost wish it had a little weight in the center of it.  It might make it harder and result in bigger lashings, but I wonder if it might help with my timing.

Other good stuff, if I am careful, I can GHD without bothering my lower back... something that felt a bit out of joint today after really trying to get that lumbar curve going in those OHS yesterday.

I am comfortable working the row at 5 on the damper, but I was very disappointed in my "mileage" today.  It was about a 2:14/500m pace.  You'd think I could  be working closer to that sub 2 pace if it was only for a freakin' minute.

I won't lie, I shed more than few on the way home today.  Things need to shift, and quickly.

2 comments:

  1. You realize that I row on Damper Setting #4? Some rowing expert posted a damper setting chart on the CrossFit.com message board, it basically details what & where your damper setting should be. I'll try and find it for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that and I pan out around a 4-5. Thinking it was shorter rows, I thought I should go for the "heavier" boat. Incidentally, if I could include the remaining meters that the boat continues to float after the time hack, I'd be in business :)
    The other point I need to consider is like last year, I did not make a whole lot of gains while I was dialing down the food port...

    ReplyDelete