Deadlift 1,1,1,1,1
PR at 215, but my left leg hurts from mid glute to mid thigh. My form was off at 205 and the bar got away from me a bit. I was "aware" of my left hamstring, but it didn't hurt per se. And then it got me mentally and after 215, I couldn't get tension off the floor.
I'm hoping 2 things... one that it was feeling a little weak before I started from my serious efforts at running lately and the burpees last Friday, so this isn't a permanent wall. I have a stong desire to hit 225. And two, that it mends quickly. I have yet to put on my new shoes and get in a run. I love CF, but it is when I am able to consistently add my 2-3 long cardio workouts a week that I've made my best progress in the weight managment department.
I need a little perspective this morning too. With the Hopper coming up there has definitely been more competition talk around the gym. I normally stay clear of comparisons to anyone other than myself. Deadlifting seems to be the exception as once upon a time, I had one of the 10 best DL's in the gym. It lasted only about a month, but it felt so good to have one little part of CF where it seemed I could more than just hang with the pack
It is a good thing that I have motherhood as my training in this area. I know I've done a good job when my kids surpass me... academically, physically, and hopefully in holiness. Most days in the gym, I feel good when a younger, newer crossfitter bests me. It is a sign of progress for them, and I smile, because I genuinely believe that if they can attain and then maintain my level of fitness, they will be well served into their golden years. If they push themselves with the simple fact that "a 4o some year old mother of 5" is doing this, then so be it. To adhere to the unspoken CF standards of breathing every bit of fire you've got... even if it's only a spark, and to be the oxygen to someone else's fire are the true tests that every CF athlete must meet daily.... regardless of the number that goes on the WB.
Somehow, I carved out DL's from this line of thinking, but I shouldn't. I need to be dang proud that I sailed out of bed before even most hearty souls this morning, with a big wooting "it's DL's" smile on my face, and only a little tentativeness about how I missed matching my 3RM PR on our last outing. I laughed at myself trying to "inchworm" and then shared a barbell with a bunch of strong women as easily as I would share a cup of tea.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

" I laughed at myself trying to "inchworm" and then shared a barbell with a bunch of strong women as easily as I would share a cup of tea."
ReplyDeleteGood stuff Christine!
You inspire and motive others more than you realize -- both inside and outside the box. Your accomplishments speak for themselves. The number you write on the white board is but a small measure of your success. The number that really matters is what's on the big man's white board. There you have us all beat.
ReplyDeleteChristine-I never said it, but I'm so proud of you! You really went after it that day! I'm honored to be one who 'shared the bar with you'...and who knew DL's were your poetic muse?
ReplyDelete