No box today. Had to do fasting blood work this morning and somehow I just don't think adding a CF WOD to the mix would have helped. As it was it was nearly 0800 before I was able to eat and still didn't feel good doing that.
Memo to others, swelling in your ankle/foot over 8 weeks with intermittent calf pain and a history that includes a 27 hour road trip, will get you house arrest in any medical facility. So went my day yesterday at Bethesda as they searched for DVT and blot clots in my leg. I wasn't allowed to move until the ultra sound was done. Imagine my stress on that one, knowing that I needed to pick up a small fry at preschool on the other side of town. Sure that's why you have friends numbers in your cell phone... right, the one I lost last week. Ugh.
But no clot found and I was set free to go get more bloodwork. So after two trips to the Lab at Ft Belvoir (about 15 mins south of my house) and one to Bethesda (better than an hour the other way with the traffic) I'm pretty much tapped out, but still have no answers.
Hopefully tomorrow I will know. At this point the swooning and numbness/tingling they don't think is diabetes. My fasting glucose is 94. The one student who saw me with the PA did start using the menopause word, but they aren't quite ready to just chalk it all up to mid life hormone imbalances. First they need to check liver, kidneys etc. On my end, I am going to be a little more cognizant of what is happening and when. After a long happy marriage using the sympto thermal methods of natural family planning, it's time to turn that data collection focus a bit.... there probably aren't any more children to be spacing apart.... now I need to start looking for weird fluctuations and see if the other symptoms I'm feeling cluster around the midpoint and end of a cycle.
Guys, if you read my blog and think that's TMI, sorry. I'm sure there is a darling woman in your life that is going to want all the " I " she can get on this stuff by the time she's my age. I seriously think finding an ob/gyn with an openess to holistic treatment is more important to me now than it was at any point when I was having children. Ladies, I'm not liking growing older and closing some of those doors behind me. And I'm certainly NOT enjoying the fritzy crazy stuff that keeps happening. But when I walk down the street and see the goodly number of my age mates in disastrous health, I smile that while DFL could go next to my name on the WB many days, I wouldn't trade that DFL for a DNS anyday.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment