Friday, October 9, 2009

WOD 091009

I love you Lou

7 RFT 3 DL's, 6 Lou Burpees (double push up), 9 Pullups.

Noon time class for me today. Almost didn't make it... I had to run from beyond "the mailbox" where I found my parking space. Definitely one of those days where I could trade my van for a Cooper mini.

Despite my talking smack last night, I didn't go with the Pro weight of 185 and settled in at 165 confident that I could go 7 rounds with it and pretty sure I wasn't going to break form. Too many quirky things on the health front to be playing hot shot with a barbell. I did my first round of pullups on purple floss and then finished the rest with red so that I could be certain to be well over the bar. The burpees stunk... period. This workout was a strengthcon, but it was also a bunch of my weak moves... I'm no fan of circuit deadlifts and I just plain stink at burpees. Besides the push up in there, my squat form hinders me when I try to get back to the sumo stance. That's what hurt my low back in this WOD... not the DL's. What I need to work on is the plyometrics. Why in the world do I need to still be palms on the deck when my feet hit the floor again in a burpee? Who knows. As long as my legs are relative to the rest of me, I must look totally ridiculous hunched over like that. So I worked it some...trying hard to get from push up to deep squat with palms off the floor and feet flat.

Two things I learned. First this does work better, although I'm sure the squat is still pretty horrid. Second, this is a dumb, dumb thing for me to do, barefoot on a cement floor with a bit of rubber padding. While I love to DL in bare feet, I felt it today in my feet - especially that left that has been swelling, every time I landed a burpee or came off the PU bar.

And about 3 rounds into this, my middle toes decided to go numb...

So, last barefoot metcon.
And I still hate noon time workouts... even if Sean and LtCol Dan are there to make me think it's 0515

And I still wait on my lab results... the HBA1C still hanging out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment