Hopefully this last weekly post will get me caught up so I can start writing more thoughtfully about my form in each WOD. Last week was better at getting into the gym and I also managed to pick up a 5K with the dh who ran 5mi to celebrate his birthday last Wednesday. I am seriously hoping that it is just blatant disregard for zoning over the last couple weeks that has left me feeling horrible. I'm pretty much where I was in February where I seem to swoon after I eat and my left leg is swelling as the day goes on, tingling and parasthesias in my toes :( I will spare everyone my views on expanding socialized medicine in our nation, but suffice to say, IMHO having degrees in both IT and government... it's vaporware.
Monday was our 2 WOD workout with weighted sit ups to focus on lumbar placement, pushups and double unders. It took me 20:55 to finish it, but I felt strong through it, even my back which admittedly took a beating doing SDLHP's for FGB. I worked six great negatives on my pull ups in lieu of weighted chins.
Tuesday was a disappointment as I wasn't able to match my 3 rep DL max of 185 and only got to 180 for 1 + I couldn't get tension off the floor and I could feel it in my left hamstring. Leg drive just wasn't there. Serious boo hoo since this is my fave lift. But having Laura make a surpise visit to CFOT and celebrating Missy's bday made for a fun 44+ club on the bar.
Wednesday was Eric's actual 50th birthday and while our plans for a hot air balloon ride that I won at a silent auction 5 years ago were dashed by too much wind, we did take it head on and go for a run into Huntley Meadows Park. Eric the regular runner of course was on his own program, but I was happy to move along in the nice weather and pick up some rays... even if it was a dreaded noontime workout.
Thursday was rest using the 3 on 1 off rule.
Friday I did Jackie for 1st Fri in 15:33 - slower than I did in August (15:10 with most of that being in the row (5:35 vice 5:05) So not a good week deadlifting in any orientation/ position.
But 4 WODS in a week - one of which was a 5K AND the dh home on vacation. Pretty good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment