Monday, August 31, 2009

WOD 090831

WOD for the capable 21->3 ladder (decrease by 3 each round) Lsit Pull ups/ Strict press
ALT WOD 5 rounds 10 PU's 15 Presses, 20 Abmat

If you felt all the dust flowing out of your house this morning, that would be courtesy of me, because I totally sucked at this workout this morning. This was all upper body with brief rest of abmats for me. I worked kipping pullups with my purple floss, and was only able to crank out a couple of doubles. I can't follow directions apparently and only did 10 presses vice 15. I had to strip the weight from 60 to 55 after the first round or I never would have finished. As it was, I was doing the leg quiver and lots of singles by the 4th round.

Yep, this was a just quit WOD. Pull ups felt so weak, you'd never know I've been working on them a year. Strict press could have been considered tolerable, until realizing that I didn't do all that I should have. Just plain rotten. I'd like to say I am looking forward to meeting this one again so I can mark some progress, but I'm still to disappointed to get there.

Probably what really bummed me most was how dang heavy the silly 35# kb swings felt during the warm up. FGB is coming just around the corner, and I don't feel ready to take on anything.

'nough whining. Hit it again tomorrow. Look forward to next week when school starts again and two a day's a couple times a week. Cooler weather coming. All good things.

1 comment:

  1. Christine,

    You are tough on yourself, too tough. You are in the box consistently, and you are giving it your all. Your effort is inspiring to your kids - who now view fitness as fun and a something so important, that you go at 0515 to get it in. It is also inspiring to me, who appreciates the community of like-minded people showing up, working hard, and being their own worst critics - such as yourself.

    Comparing yourself to others or to yourself from last month or year is always gonna be harsh.

    So as long as you are showing up and giving it your all, that is all you should worry about.

    ReplyDelete