Back in the Box
I will probably travel log our adventures separately in case anyone is interested in how to get a small herd to graze half way across the country for 9 days.
Today was a strength con circuit. 3, 6, 9 Heavy cleans, ring dips, and box jumps. I played it safe on the porch and only went with 75lbs on the cleans. Probably could have done the 85, but given my erractic life with lifts, I didn't think that was the way to come back to the box. Ring dips were tired and I even stumbled a box jump. But it was 26:18 spent in action instead of watching the trees go by.
Lots of things impeded getting a single good workout on this trip, but there was some fun in a pool and at the beach and tons of walking and carrying wee one around an amusement park. That said none of it makes up for the poor diet that comes when you travel. I am thoroughly convinced that that other than a few diamonds, it is all rough out there in restaurant land. Don't be alarmed when you read my travel log... I wasn't eating pasta at the Italian restaurants but marsala and piccata and subbing veggies on the side. But ugh! I actually had several meals that I would deem unpalatable because of the quantity of seasoning and other additives. I can now add Carrabas to my list of "never go back"
Point is eating heavy and driving makes a rotten combination. I actually have edema in my left foot that looks pretty much like 3rd trimester water retention. That calf feels like it had night cramps too. The right driving hip is sore up to my back and my neck and shoulders have that dull ache. Rats... all this and no great work outs to show for it.
Hopefully with a week back in the box and my fridge and out of the car, things will look better by the weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

Travel has a way of messing with even the best of intentions... hang in there and get back to your own fridge!
ReplyDelete