Rest Day ... sort of.
Didn't want to miss Ellen's coaching on rowing today. So I drug myself to the box and made sure I got in two 500m rows and some abmat work.
Ellen's coaching that emphasized the relationship to the deadlift was a very big help to me. First from a confidence perspective, since deadlifting is one of my stronger moves. Second, it helped make sense of the form of the pull of the stroke. It probably also explains why I like to lean back (or stand up straight) with my row stroke. This is an area where I could probably work on not wasting time/energy, but for now, overemphasizing some should help me get that kinesthetic memory going.
Very, very, very bad diet day. But a very very good learning day. I am definitely a emotional eater and just about everyone knows when the rest of life is out of control, what you eat is still the one realm that is truly yours. So here's my confession. I ate a decent breakfast, and actually a decent lunch. But in between I was at the "snackypoos" in the pantry and by the time I got through the afternoon doctor's appt, I was more than willing to indulge Christopher's request for chicken and fries from Mc Donalds. I got one piece of his chicken, half his fries and the little hamburger for myself. I came home to my pantry friend and ate a bazillion walnuts and at least 1.5 oz of baking chocolate. More garbage crackers too. Pasta and red sauce for dinner. Wine making the sauce, wine in the sauce, glass of wine with dh who came home late for dinner. And then I went trolling for a evening snack of blueberries, cheese, and more nuts. Water intake was not good either.
All good reasons to keep a 35lb kettlebell and a sledge in the garage to work out frustrations. But alas, I only have an axe. Anyone need a hole dug?
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment