Tuesday, August 11, 2009

WOD 090811

Strengthcon day. 7 rounds - 3 DL's , 5 weighted ring dips, 7 L-sit PU's

My WOD - DL's@ 165 (Pro weight and BW for me), Red banded dips, and Floss kipping pull ups.

Not sure what or when I did it yester day with split jerks, but my right (rear) leg was hurting by afternoon and the ache was starting to climb to my tookus. Really noticed a lack of range in my knee when trying to squat to the lower shelves of the commissary. Also felt it a bit in my back which means I missed something on one of the lifts yesterday.

Deadlifting can be a back issue if your form is off, but it usuallyisn't a problem for me .... unless it is a circuit like today. My form on the uptake is there.. I have the movement, but in a circuit you add the element of speed and actually there is more form since you shouldn't drop it, but lower it. This is where I need to work my form. Sure it is much more fun to drop the weight and then reset, but technically to "do the work" of a met con you need to lower it.

My time today was 17:33 - partly because I was singling a lot of the pull ups, but also we had a bit of a clog with ring dips and kipping going on in the same area. We ladies found ourselves waiting a bit.

I rowed a 500 and 50 abmats for a cool down. Some others went for a mile run, which they said was almost indiscernable from a swim in this morning's humidty.

I'm really tired after 3 nights of interrupted sleep and may have to skip the rowing class tomorrow in favor of zzzzzzzzzz's

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you in for the row today.
    don't worry about dropping the weight in the future...

    ReplyDelete