Cleans 3, 3,3,3,3,3... ad infinitum
More later about form, but managed to eek out 90 for 3, although the spacing and the miss, made it more like 4 singles at 90 with a miss on the 3rd.
The rest...
I worked alone today as the gym was thin. Not surprising since tomorrow is First Friday and lots of people take an anticipatory rest day to gear up for their poison.
I started this with just the 33 lb bar adn then did 55, 65, 75, 80, 80, 85, 90. Lots of work on form. The big mental cues I worked on were Jerry's comments about how the pull is different from the deadlift at the start. I really concentrated on getting my knees back out of the way, but not locking to a deadlift. For the most part the pull is there, in varying amounts of agression, but I think I have most of it. The problem is finishing the move - getting under the bar, opening my hands, whipping elbows. All things I heard before, plus Keturah's comment, "Why are you stopping?" I don't think I have a very good answer for that other than if the sequence of moves was tombe, pas de bouree, glissade, pas de chat; I probably wouldn't be getting it all together without lots of work and more than likely there would be a transition or two between steps that would be awkward, full of hesitation and need work. (probably the glissade to the pas de chat)
So now, the question is how to work that part of the movement to get it better. Quick answer is back off the load and do a gazillion reps at a lower weight. And it probably wouldn't hurt to work other "dive under the bar" moves... snatch drops come to mind. Part of my failure is definitely a lack of agressive explosive movement; the other part is the balance. I'm starting to wonder if it is sort of like wrecking a car for the first time. I need to try to dive under a nice heavy barbell and pitch it, landing flat on my tookus and just get over it.
I think I cleaned 90 lbs about 8 times this morning before I got 3 of them done close enough together to call it a set.
Now for tomorrow... what's my poison
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment