Thursday, December 31, 2009

WOD 091231

Last WOD of the year.  Free day in the gym.  Pick a hero, girl or benchmark workout.  Awesome opportunity to set a baseline for one of my 3 goals... 5k.  Until of course the weather turns to icy slop.  Concrete was okay at 0515, but brick was really slick and that is what comprises a good portion of the first part of the loop.

So deadlifting... another goal to baseline, but no joy given the 110% I put into Tues.  I pulled 205 and then instead of putting 215 on the bar, I put on 216 so I'd have the PR.  4 separate attempts and only got the slightest bit of tension off the floor on the third one.   Not happy, especially when Jerry reminded me that most of the last month I've been lucky to get into the gym 3 times a week.  Fat with wine and cookies and I can't even leverage it to counterweight a barbell.  Lots of work to do in the new year.

Happy part, Kaitlin pulled 160, so she is well past her body weight with a new max single DL.

No comments:

Post a Comment