Tuesday, December 29, 2009

WOD 091229

2 WOD's  2K Row
3 RFT 10 DL + 50 DU's

2K Row... 9:24.3  I used a 5-6 damper setting and it felt very heavy after the 1st 500m.    Definitely need to lower the damper.  I am really not happy about this as I had hoped to go sub 9.  My PR is 9:20 and that was in late February... :(

Deadlifts are my favorite until they are in a circuit.  This was strictly touch and go, no dropping.   It was heavy and I pretty much was still resetting each one to make sure I had core tension.  I used the pro weight of 160 and did DU attempts since I don't have great DU's and thought taking lateral jumps again was not going to improve my DU's.  DU's are about technique and timing (ha, ha) not so much height of jump.
My time

Post WOD pain was very very iffy.  Nothing serious but I did have a couple of DL where the bar got away from me.  It was next day middle to lower back discomfort but it was hard to tell if it was just heavy use, hard work type discomfort or is something just not right.   Glutes seriously blasted, too... especially the right.  So I missed the rope climbing GHD run WOD on Wednesday.  Bummer, I hate having to be smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment