Sunday, December 20, 2009

WOD 091219 WOD 091220

So much for the 4.5 mi birthday run in a weight vest.  Didn't make it in to CFOT to borrow one, and God decided that shoveling was to be the WOD of the day.  Soooo much fun.  I haven't had snow like this since I graduated from Notre Dame 22 years ago.  Having it on my birthday makes it just sooo sweet.

So simple estimates with hubby are that a shovel full of snow is about 10# and that we could conservatively estimate that we move 1 shovelful a minute when we took into account rests, moving around, and having to walk the shovel to the snow mountain.  So 4 hrs of shoveling over two days or 240 reps or 2400#.

Yep... moved a ton of snow and had a blast doing it.  And after more than a year at CFOT, I'm lifting it right, so my back doesn't hurt... although my glutes really want a day off.  Plus, I think my "ergonomically' designed bent shovel is more harm than good.  Pretty much like using a curling bar to strict press.

Now maybe tomorrow I can get to that run... or whatever Jerry has in store for me and the weight vest.  I dread the chipper that was supposed to be the hopper....

No comments:

Post a Comment