Thursday, December 17, 2009

WOD 091208 -091211

Sometimes life gets in the way of the workout.  Annoying as all get out, as it is usually the stressors... the reasons we work out... that actually become the road block.  After my great Monday, the rest of the week was absorbed by a pre op appt and surgical diagnostic testing for Christopher as well as a reevaluation of his IEP.  Lots of prep time, little sleep time and that 0330 wake up on Friday to make the OR show time.  I was really blessed to have two aircrew Marines to hang with in the waiting room.  I also will be laughing for some time since the good staff sergeant offered to make a coffee run to the other part of the hospital.  Since I was alone and didn't want to leave the OR area, I was quite grateful.  But over the years I've forgotten what exactly is a Marine cup of joe... I never even drank the stuff in the Corps.  Well, the vente, little sugar, little cream brew kept me awake not only to drive home, but most of the next day!  All's good when Marines take care of their own.  Christopher was also pretty funny in recovery, not wanting to watch the prescribe cartoons in favor of The Price is Right.  No workout, but lots of workouts behind me pumped me up through the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment