Thursday, September 10, 2009

WOD 090910

Hang Power Cleans... 1,1,1,1,1, ad infinitum or rather, ad maximum.

77... nice number, but not where I want to be with cleans. I have done a HPC at 90 before, but 'twas not to be today.

Good day in the box though, really identifying the form faults. Not sure yet how to get to the fixes, but definitely caught it on video. I am bending my arms at the start of the pull from the hang and my dip needs way less knee and more butt back. Also got to chat about how I can clean more from the floor with my form faults because of the momentum created over the distance.

I finished this by working with a 45 lb bar trying to get this together. I can see if I get to work this some more here soon that I'm going to try to come up with my own coaching script.

From the last time we did cleans or pulls from the floor
"Shoulders forward of the bar"
"Get your knees and butt back and out of the way as you pull"
From the hang
"Butt back, arms straight, shoulders high"
perhaps I also need to add a focus about my shoulders vis a vis the bar.
"Jump to land, open fingers."

Jerry might kill me for this because it sort of flies in the face of the "bar stays close to the body", but I sort of envision a narrow vertical ellipse happening when you view a clean from the profile. Obviously, the better the athlete, the narrower the ellipse.

I think too that I might have better form from the floor because you can get yourself over the bar at the start of the pull. And it is a lot easier to think butt back when you are using it more (from the floor vice the hang)

Lots of good stuff to work into some goal setting for the year.... which should be my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment