Running head smack into popular thinking, I'm going to make the bold statement that "it's not all about me." Nope, not even when making my "personal" Crossfit goals for this coming year. No man is an island, and that is part of why we train as a team. For me, yes my personal health, strength and elusive aesthetics are part of the equation, but alone these are just vanity. Crossfit is functional fitness to help us live, breathe, and move better, but we do that in the context of the world in which we live. We are fit for ourselves so that we can live fully with our families, friends, colleagues and yes the strangers we pass on the street. So, yes I have my personal metrics for this year, but I also have some broader, more community focused goals.
Community
Get one more soul on the planet doing CF
Get one more soul on the planet eating a better diet
Make a video about how to make those tape grips that save your hands.
Make sure I meet at least 2 new people at every CFOT event I attend
Strength
Push press >=100 lbs
Strict press >=85
Push jerk >=90 lbs
Snatch >= 85 lbs
Clean >=100 lbs
Front Squat >= 100 lbs
Back Squat >= 150 lbs
Deadlift >=250 lbs
and of course the elusive unassisted pullup
Metcon/Cardio
500m row <= 2:00
800m run <= 4:15
1600m run <= 9:00
100 Ab Mat <= 2:oo
Form/Function - less quantifiable but still very important
Better squat
Better elbow whip on cleans
Full pushups - always
Conscious effort to stretch/cool down before leaving the gym
Aesthetics
Real simple - 149 lbs - take no prisoners!
Diet
Try 3 new foods (this will be hard... are there 3 left that I haven't tried)
Caffeine reduction....
Consistent on my supplements.
Okay, that's it... about to push the button to put myself on the hook... keep me in check. Lead, follow, or get out of the way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment