Rest Day - NOT !
Tight tookus from jumping lunges or not
Tired of 0430 wake ups or not
Truck fire on the beltway or not
I just can't miss deadlifts
5 sets 3 rep DL; record max effort
My new PR is 195.
Progression - 85, 105, 125, 145, 175, 195 PR, 205 (f)
At 175, I started to lose form coming forward on my feet. 195 was better and then I started to feel tired and all the lower body effort from yesterday. Perhaps if I had only gone for 200, I might have gotten it, but that remains to be seen. Take the PR on a rest day and go home happy.
I made it to the 0900 class today and got to meet some new CF people. Fun to meet new faces and talk to the people behind the WB and pictures from other classes. Super cool to discover among the super strong we have a classically trained tuba player. Music is a big part of my life - it truly builds me up. Amazing to meet highly skilled people and a good reminder that crossfit can be for anyone who desires to be strong and fit. I need that today as I look at the video of my PR. I can be happy about the number on the bar, but not so about the bumper plate that I am still carrying around my middle. I actually untagged the video on FB, and then thought better of it. Standing eyeball to eyeball with the demon is the first step to taking him down.
Tighter zone, more running on my time, more sleep... less sitting on my butt in traffic please!
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

I had a very similar experience this weekend after seeing some of the wedding photos of me. Also had a big nutrition heart to heart with Jerry, and am trying to come up with something better that works for me than the Zone. Pondering a switch to a modified Paleo with perhaps some IF mixed in.
ReplyDeleteThanks Katie, I too have been considering moving away a bit from Zone. Thinking about what and when to do it. I am practically a modified paleo already since I am eating very little grains other than ezekiel bread, quinoa, and then whatever comes with a cheat dessert. The killer for me will be dairy. I can't do eggs without at least 1/2 a block of cheese in them and lots of veggies to break up the texture.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite dessert is a block of ricotta with a block of fruit and nuts.
Christine if you want to come with me on my new journey, hop on board. Markie D. gave me the Primal Blueprint and I read through it today. I really like what he says. More protein and good fats (whereas the Zone steers you clear of those and really limits your intake) and keeps the carbs roughly the same I think. No measuring. Little dairy but done in moderation. The more raw the better. He encourages the use of straight animal fat and butter... which floored me totally, and is one of the things that sticks in my head at the moment. You're also still allowed to eat all the yummy things like strawberries, pears etc, and he allows you to eat carrots and peas again! :)
ReplyDeleteIronically Mark's basic plan is what Jerry told me to do three weeks ago... :P
ReplyDeleteKatie... I want the whole primal package... except the family bed. There I will take a queen size to myself in a totally blackened room for 8 uninterrupted hours for 4 weeks.
ReplyDeleteI've been scrawling through the daily apple... sounds good to me. The dh's is starting to get to thin on the zone, so he may come with me on this.
I don't miss the peas and carrots, but I hate feeling guilty eating sweet potatoes and butternut squash.
Not sure how good I will be about the raw. I'm already starting to feel like a live on weeds and I like warm food...
okay.. can't edit that typo ... "feel like I live on weeds" is what I meant to say. Very $$$ weeds
ReplyDeleteWell we'll venture in together then... and we'll see if we can't pull a few friends along for a fun family road trip! :)
ReplyDelete