Tuesday's Metcon burn
Warm up - toe walks, high knee skips, side shuffles. Partner 15 sec on off L-sit holds for 2 mins. Partner again JSB's 15 secs on off for 2 mins
WOD 5 RFT
300m sprint
20 jumping lunges... do them on a bumper plate if you can
10 pullups
my effort - 16:13 -- A really intense lay on the floor gasser!
New shoes got a quick break in. Today I notice tiny hot spots but otherwise they are good. I think I may be opting for some more legit socs than the thin liners I have been using. The new running shoes do have the room. I almost wonder if they aren't too big. But I love having room for my toes. My shins seem okay with the running today.. .but there wasn't much distance to cover. Mostly bus dodging this morning.
I tried the jumping lunges on a plate which lasted about 3 reps until I realized that I am just not that coordinated yet. My consolation was that I couldn't even think about doing these plyometrically last fall and this time I made it through about 75% of them actually jumping and not stepping back.
Pullups were on a red band. I just don't know what's up in my shoulder strength. The red's too easy, but floss too hard at the moment.
Shout out to Kim who gave me a speed target today. Nice work lady.
Afterwork was sledge strikes and burpees. I refused the burpees and did more 3 more rounds of JSL's and 8 lb sledge strikes. Not sure why but the 12lb was bothering the same area of the back of my arms. So... no pushing it.
I loved this workout... the WOD was short but with the warmup and extra, it made for a great long burn!
Tomorrow is rest day...
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment