Friday, July 31, 2009

WOD 090731

OHS or FS for the less shoulder stable. Hmm guess which?
Rolled in late for the 0900 class after dropping off Christopher for Vacation Bible School and since I'm out of teenagers (mixed blessing) I had Karolin in tow. This makes it way harder to have your head in the game, plus she was less thrilled with watching today without her brother. Some of the heavier music we play started to upset her too, so this WOD was get it done.

5 sets 3 rep front squats
55, 75, 85, 95, 105 (f), 100 (eh, form)

Tons of fun to work with Elise who just finished her bar exam, especially since I was reading her dad's book last night - The End of Overeating. Not my best day in the gym, but I was able to work on my weakness. I will have to search the ning site to see what my best 3 rep front squat is. I'm not sure where I need to focus next on this other than I know it doesn't need to be load, but flexibility and balance. I wonder if the former naturally progresses the latter, or if I specifically need to work them both. I really tried today to work on holding my breath and stabilizing my core, but I still really have trouble getting my shoulder rack up so that it is holding the bar with little guidance from my hands.

Christopher handed me his VBS t-shirt when I picked him up... "A saint is one who never quits trying." - St. Francis of Assisi

Just the right coaching point for a day when everything from diet to flexibility needs work.

No comments:

Post a Comment