Friday, April 9, 2010

WOD 100409

"The Corps"  5 RFT 400m run, Pullups (15W, 25M)
21:57

Thrilled to have a running WOD today. Still not sure what is up with my foot/leg, but it didn't seem terribly bothered by the run.  Note though that I have been going with full blown running shoes for about a month now.  I miss my light little racers, but until I know what's up, there is just no point in frustrating things. 
Quads are really sore from all the thrusters yesterday, and they really made that incline up Royal seem like a hill today.  But I really wanted to run and while it felt really slow, it wasn't as slow as I thought.  Just had not loft so to speak and felt like I was running with lead legs.

I was nervous about the pullups because the ones I did for warm up just did not feel good in the lats.   I actually wondered if I was going to have to step back to a red band to get through all 75.  But having mucho time behind me now at CFOT, I know that my first round of any WOD is rugged - even if I do a long warm up, I am just slow to settle in.    Ultimately I had several 3's together and really focused on trying to use my hips so that the burden was lighter on the upper body.   I was also lucky that the moleskin donut I made for my palm  cushioned my little stigmata and it really didn't wear any deeper.

Hopefully the quads will return soon.  Stairs are a bit awkward!

No comments:

Post a Comment